Or, if you are someone who has wondered about becoming a blogger, this is your opportunity to give it a try.
The following are the guidelines that I use for my own posts:
- I prefer that the post be written for Attempts at Honesty but can be reposted elsewhere.
- I target 300 to 600 words for a post. This is not a hard boundary. I’ve gone higher and lower on occasion when it seems appropriate to do so.
- I’m very flexible on topics but the core theme of the blog is to encourage Christians to act in such a way as to attract outsiders to Christ. Or, to put it another way, writing about how the Gospel speaks to every day life. This can be through a challenge to something that is broken, an encouragement to a particular path, an apologetic discussion or a general Biblical observation.
- The post must be free from personal attack. Disagree with someone’s statements, but do not attack the person. The post should be true, necessary and kind as described in this post.
- I like to have the posts based on Scripture and encourage direct references when appropriate.
- I don’t mind being edgy if it fits the topic, but I don’t push boundaries just to attract attention.
- Once it is posted, check your post from time to time to respond to comments.
If you think that you can work within these guidelines and feel that you have something to say and would like to say it on Attempts at Honesty, let me know. I’m anxious to hear from you.